Saturday, August 20, 2005

Church

So I just visited Flatirons Community Church. I enjoyed it, but it's 15 miles away from me, not on the highway either. I don't know if I can afford the gas to go up there every week. There isn't anywhere for me to get involved in a smallgroup. I need fellowship with other christians my age. I want people to hang out with hang out with hang out-. Sorry, broken record again. That's just what's going on. I'm going to check out another church tomorrow, one that's closer but no "college" group either.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Giles. My name is Brandon and I am a regular attender of Flatirons and I have been for almost 5 years now. When I first started the church was doing its weekend service out of what is now a karate school at the other end of our current building. The population was small then but growing so fast that back then I thought it was hectic. I had no idea what it could become. I am writing this to give you hope and to give it to anyone else that reads your blog and shares the same concern. Getting involved and connected at Flatirons can be a daunting task. The trick at Flatirons is to just get involved. There are more small groups than you could possibly know about or than the church could possibly publish. Where I found my home was in student ministries. I have been volunteering there for three years now and have found people there that I am closer to than anyone else. I know what it is like to be in college and to try to find community. I am now a fifthe year senior at CU and I also know about the commute. I can tell you that Flatirons is worth it though! If you decide to give the church another chance I would love to meet you. I usually go on Saturday nights. I can even introduce you to all the people you can handle. Let me know. My e-mail is Brandon.Nelson@Colroado.edu. If Flatirosn isnt the place for you in the end I hope and pray that you find the type of community that you are longing for.

    ~Brandon

    ReplyDelete