Thursday, November 10, 2005

I Hate Christmas!

So, the accursed psuedo-christian holiday is rapidly speeding toward us. Commercialized bs!! Time of good cheer, "celebrate family togetherness". BAH! Let's sell more Santa crap, toys, books, movies, games, STUFF STUFF STUFF!!! Yelling, screaming, fighting, impatience, "That's MINE, I saw it first!"

Enjoy the togetherness, feel the love! Have we really forgotten what this holiday is about? I wince in pain as I sit here thinking about the abomination it has become.

You may say, "But Giles, many people still celebrate Christmas for what it truly is about. Does your family not?"

As a matter of fact they do. And my entire family on my Dad's side is going to be in town this year, which means that when I'm not working, I'll be with them. Trying to make them feel important. It is important to me to give due respect to my Grandparents on their 50th aniversary, but everyone else is going to want to fill the time with worthlessness. There's no point. I gain a few trinkets, work my butt off, but all in all I'll be wasting yet another Christmas.

Three years in a row my Christmas is going to end up shite in a leaky bucket. And I'm pretty dead set on letting it.

"The holiday is what you make it." That's a lie. If it was true, I'd make it disappear.

I HATE CHRISTMAS.

But on the other hand, I love Christmas. December is my time of the year. I just long for it to mean more than it does. I see all these movies where Christmas is the time when magic happens, but life's not like the movies. Magic never happens. Some day, Christmas will be magic for me again! I SWEAR. I refuse to let the women in and out of my life ruin my holiday for the third year!

I love Jesus, and this Holiday is about Him. If I have to suffer through my family to honor Him, then that's what I'll do.

My Love, I long to spend this christmas with you, but I haven't even met you yet. Maybe next year.

Some day, in London.

4 comments:

  1. Come they told me
    pa rum pum pum pum
    A new born King to see,
    pa rum pum pum pum
    Our finest gifts we bring
    pa rum pum pum pum
    To lay before the King
    pa rum pum pum pum
    rum pum pum pum
    rum pum pum pum
    So to honor Him
    pa rum pum pum pum,
    when we come.

    Little Baby
    pa rum pum pum pum
    I am a poor boy too,
    pa rum pum pum pum
    I have no gift to bring
    pa rum pum pum pum
    That's fit to give our King
    pa rum pum pum pum
    rum pum pum pum
    rum pum pum pum
    Shall I play for you!
    pa rum pum pum
    on my drum.

    Mary nodded
    pa rum pum pum pum
    The ox and lamb kept time
    pa rum pum pum pum
    I played my drum for Him
    pa rum pum pum
    I played my best for Him
    pa rum pum pum pum
    rum pum pum pum
    rum pum pum pum
    Then He smiled at me
    pa rum pum pum pum
    me and my drum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *taps his foot to 'little drummer boy'*

    I won't sing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pondering, "Does Gabe have too much time on his hands? I do believe the answer is 'Yes'."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have soured on Christmas as well. Actually posted about it in October when the X-mas cheer begins in the department stores.

    ReplyDelete