Thursday, September 28, 2006

Free write to get the juices flowing

So, I'm supposed to write this looooong project on "Hamlet", "The Glass Menagerie", and Arthur Miller's essay, "Tragedy and the Common Man". Am I up to it? I don't know. I have until Nov. 21 to get the essay written, so now I need to work an a reader response journal on "Hamlet", acts IV and V. I really enjoyed Hamlet, and if you haven't read it, I think you should. Also, try to see one of the movie adaptations (The Lion King sort of counts, but see one actually entitled "Hamlet").

Anyway, I think I have an idea for my RRJ, so I'm going to go into my word program and write that. Enjoy your day.

P.S. When I've completed this semester, I might just post some of the stuff I wrote on this blog, if any of you are interested in reading it.

P.P.S. I'm working on stuff for FC, so when I have time, we'll see some stories again! YAY

1 comment:

  1. Hmm--while it does have the whole "ghost of your father" thing going on, I've always thought they ripped off Macbeth more for Lion King:

    1. Good king, happy land
    2. Bad relative, ambitious, kills king
    3. Bad relative blames king's son for murder
    4. Good king's son flees land
    5. Bad king rules evilly, with help of hyenas/Irish
    6. Monkay/Macduff goes to seek out king's son
    7. King's son: "I suck--I'm not worthy"
    8. King's son returns, battle joined, good wins

    Good luck with the essay.

    ReplyDelete