Thursday, February 15, 2007

To Take in All I Can

So, Valentine's Day. Anything to say? I hung out with a friend.....yes that friend is a girl, but not my "girlfriend". We had an anti-valentine party. Not a pity party, though. We ate pizza, watched Ocean's 11 (the new version), drank blackberry mead (Rocky Mountain Meadery, Gabe, it's awesome!) and then we talked about spiritual stuff. I've been doing that a lot with her lately. Oh yeah, her name is Emily. We work together, I may have talked about her before on this blog. We won't be working together by the end of next week because I got a job working for my parents starting on the 26th.

Anyway, I had an epiphany one day and realized that God wants me to ask my friends how they're doing and then try to help them. I didn't pick Emily as the first person to ask, but that's how it worked out. As a result, I've been able encourage her and give her advice that has visibly produced growth in her spiritual life and her relationship with God. I tell you this to say, "God is wonderful because He has provided a way for ministry and as a result, one of His children is growing." Don't look at me, this is all God's doing. Yes I was faithful to do what I knew He wanted me to do, but it's still all about Him. A bonus to my faithfulness is that I have a good friend.

There is a lot to say about this friendship because it's complicated. I don't know that I want to say anything because I don't know how that will affect things. If I didn't have school work to do, I might go into more detail, but I'm feeling that tug telling me to get to work. Stupid boring work. I want to do other stuff.....and I'm going to today. I'll do my homework and then I'm going to work on my book. A final look through for the outline and a-writing I will go. I'll at least write the first chapter as I work on the outline. I need to write and FC won't cut it. I want to write about my characters.

Pray that God will be glorified through my life. Pray that I will strive to be selfless. Pray that God will give me wisdom and that I will heed it.

2 comments:

  1. "Anyway, I had an epiphany one day and realized that God wants me to ask my friends how they're doing and then try to help them."
    I love this line. You are a part of the priesthood of all believers, not just those called into full time ministry. It's been good to hear you talk about sharing life with your friends from work. I hope that that will continue after the job transition.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean Meadery of the Rockies?
    I'll check it out...

    you're doing the good work.

    ReplyDelete