Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I would give my life for these people, but...

I have a lot that I want to talk about, but if I do, I might offend some people. I know they don't read my blog right now, but they might at some point in the future. For now, let's just say that I'm really sick of people complaining about what other people don't do for them. To clarify, relationships are supposed to be a give and take arrangement, with emphasis on the give. However, if only one person is giving, then both people start to get irritated. I know a couple who is going through something like this (no, not me...I love you Emily :) ). The one person is giving, cleaning up, loaning money that hasn't been paid back, cooks, buys food, and so on, while the other person takes all of this generosity.

The hardest part for me is that I really like both of these people, but the first person is clearly in the right. This person is not perfect, by any means, but at the very least, they don't make a big deal about doing something for the other person.

When the other person does anything, like go out of their way to buy food for the first, or cook, or clean, or buy even the minutest present, they never let the first forget, as if to say, "see, I do actually help out."

I want to help out because I don't want this couple to break up, but I don't know what I could say that would make any difference. If they read this, they may even take offense, thinking I'm a jerk for even saying this much. I love both of these people, and would even die for them, but would that do any good? I don't know. It sucks, wanting to help someone but being incapable.

No comments:

Post a Comment