Saturday, July 14, 2007

I am NOT in the mood :P

Alright, so I sat down to work on my book, and now I don't want to work on it. All of a sudden, I've decided that I don't like the formulaic feel that it has. It's better than it could be, and I know I can improve on it, but I still don't like it.

On top of that, I don't know if I'm going to finish the first draft with more than 35,000 words, which makes for a lot of work in the editing process. I'm a little discouraged, and I don't want to work on the book any more today. I think it's partially due to being near the end of the step sheet.

I think I want to work on my new project, instead. At least put some ideas down on paper. I wrote a little "Intro" piece, and now I want hammer out details and create a full mythology. I already have maps that I could use, and a couple of ideas that could be incorporated with this new one. A lot of the work is already done, I could even use some characters that have been created.

I just don't know what to do right now. And it doesn't help that I've been out of the house all day, so I want to recuperate, rather than write and think.

No comments:

Post a Comment