Saturday, August 04, 2007

I've Started it

I have begun my journey into a new creation, and I already have two nations to play with, one with a decent history and royal legacy. I will continue with this nation until I am satisfied with it, and then I'll continue to the other nations, focusing finally on the one that will be the center of the stories I'm going to write. I need an overarching back story for the world, and I want to have elements of my beliefs in there without being preachy. I don't know how to do that, but I think it will come to me. I won't compromise, and I think I can still get published. After all, Lewis and Tolkien both did, and they were very theological about their works (if you look at the back story in LOTR, but blatantly in Lewis).

I'm not sure how much I'll get done. Like this last project (that I'm not done with, by the way), I want to take my time and do it right. Tolkien started his Middle Earth writings early in life, and they didn't get published for many years, Rowling took seven years to write and sell her first Harry Potter book. I don't want to take THAT long, but if that's what it takes to do it right, then that's what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment