Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Off to Des Moines

Emily's grandfather died on Sunday, so we're going to Des Moines, Iowa today for the funeral.

When we get back, I don't want to go back to work. I'm getting more and more convinced that my bosses (not my dad, everyone else) are completely incapable of communicating or figuring out exactly what the employee policies are. I got one story about my PTO from the CEO, and a completely different story from the Personnel Manager...and both of them should KNOW! They've even been working on an employee handbook for a year and a half...one that I could have written in two hours. Oh yeah, and I still haven't gotten a raise (not that I need one) or my employee review, which I should have gotten eight months ago...my manager is too lazy to compile the review for me so that I can find out why I didn't get a raise and tell me how I can earn one...and more importantly, he needs to tell me how I can be a better employee. Grr!

I want to get my book published. That'll come. I'm going to try to have a short story ready for publication by the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. hang in there ... it'll get taken care of ... we keep praying the Lord will provide a job you enjoy to sustain you until you can really do the job you love.

    ReplyDelete