Friday, January 09, 2009

My Chili Recipe...

This is what I stuck in my crockpot for supper:

2 cans of Tomato Sauce
1 can of Kidney Beans
1 can of Chili Beans
1 lb of Hamburger meat
Aprox. 1 tsp. chili powder
2 cloves of Garlic, sliced
1/2 of an onion
1/2 cup of barbecue sauce
A dash of pepper (optional)

Brown the hamburger, add a dash of chili powder (optional), mix tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili beans, chili powder, garlic, and barbecue sauce in crock pot and stir. Allow to warm then add hamburger. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Dice the onion, caramelize (optional), add to crock pot, continue cooking chili for 30 min-1 hour.


Let me know if you have any suggestions for changes, or if you try this recipe, let me know how you like it (I winged it).

1 comment:

  1. Wow ~ that's too much garlic for me, but I know some people really like that. You can add other kinds of beans ~ pinto, kidney. Or diced tomatoes & one can of tomato paste with only one can of tomato sauce. BUT, if you enjoyed it, stick with it! Just write down any tweaks so you'll know what to add (or not) on future rounds. Cooking can be fun!

    ReplyDelete