Friday, January 16, 2009

Writing, writing, writing.

So, I've been getting up at 5 in the morning every weekday for the past two weeks so that I can write before work and I don't feel guilty about doing nothing after work. I'm tired. I'm making progress, though. I'm actually quite surprised that I've been able to get as much accomplished as I have in only two weeks.

I got a rejection from one of the magazines I sent my short story to, but I kind of expected it from this place. I knew that if they published my work it would be stretching their style a bit (even though their title makes you think my story would be perfect for them, but nevermind). I don't hold any grudges, I'm not torn up, I have hundreds, if not thousands of rejections to look forward to in the future, it's simply the nature of this business. I'm not irritated with the magazine, I even plan on submitting more work to them when I take the time to write more short stories.

Anyway, I'm tired, I have work to do, I just figured I'd write an update, since it's been a while.

I'm gonna make cheap supper tonight (grocery shopping will happen this weekend).

I'm ready to write full time.

1 comment:

  1. When a new schedule is started, it takes a while to get used to it. Stick with it! You'll adjust & be rewarded for your diligence.

    ReplyDelete