Monday, March 09, 2009

The book and progress

I've just completed the second draft. Does that mean I'm on the home stretch? I don't think so. If I'm right, I'm guessing that I have at least two more drafts to go. Tomorrow I'll begin draft #3, but that will entail adding at least one chapter, stuff that will be required to help add tension to the overall story.

I'm beyond the 50k word mark, which was one of the goals (the first time I've ever done that with a writing project!). My goal, right now, is to have the book ready to shop around to agents by June...and that seems doable. My original goal was December, and I'm shooting for that as a secondary goal. Either way, I want this project ready to go to agents by the end of the year, if not in the hands of publishers.

It's a process, and the new lifestyle is really helping. I'm tired quite a bit, but I've gotten so much done in two months...stuff I wouldn't have been able to do if I just made time after work. Speaking of work, it's time to get ready for the job that still pays me.

No comments:

Post a Comment