Saturday, April 18, 2009

This week...

So, I got back from a weekend in Texas with my family (basically to say goodbye to my terminally ill grandfather). The weekend was fantastic. We didn't dwell too much on the fact that my grandpa is dying, we focused on the memories that we have with him, and we made new memories. It was at a lake house about an hour and a half from Dallas..I don't know exactly where. Anyway, we had fun.

Then I got back, and I got sick. I slept in on Monday so that I wouldn't be over tired for work, so I didn't get any writing done. On Tuesday, I got up at 5, like I normally do, and I wrote, but I coughed all day, and by the end of the day, I had some serious sinus pressure built up. Wednesday I should have called in sick, but I left an hour and fifteen minutes early since it was slow enough and I felt like crap. Oh yeah, I slept in on Wednesday to see if that would help me feel well enough to work. It didn't, but I worked anyway. On Thursday, I called in sick and slept all day. And on Friday, I slept in and worked all day.

In all, I haven't gotten enough writing done this week, and it's quite discouraging. I'm making real progress, and it's going really well for me. I see this project working out well, and I have ideas for another book series to start once this one is up and running (so that would be two series of books going at once). Ahhh! I hate being sick, and I just want this week to be over.

There's just too much going on right now, and I want it be done or complete (whether it's bad or good, respectively). *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment