Monday, November 02, 2009

On Schedule and Doing fine...

That is, until Dragon Age: Origins comes out tomorrow. I must shake my fist at BioWare for releasing an anticipated game on the week that I'm scheduled to finish editing my book. For those of you who don't know, BioWare is the company that made Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect...games that have, to this point, eaten a good 80-120 hours of my life (not a complaint :D) This game is supposed to be big, too, and the replay value should be high...which means that when I have free time (and believe me, my book will take precedence), I'll be enjoying the heck out of that game. I apologize in advance to my VERY patient and loving wife who will have to put up with the left side of my face and periodic kisses when I remember not to neglect her...so, yeah.

As far as the book is concerned...read the last several posts and you'll see that I'm still doing well. Nothing's changed on that front.

In other news, the Dresden Files RPG announced Saturday that they are PLANNING on taking pre-orders for the actual book at Origins (a big Role Playing convention) next year. They are hoping for a solid product to hand to fans by June 23-27, but, as they have said, if thing go according to schedule, they will at least have a PDF to hand people who pre-order the book. That's awesome, in my eyes, because I've been looking forward to this game since early 2007.

Along the same lines, Jim Butcher, the author of the Dresden Files is releasing the final book in his Codex Alera series this month! So I'm super stoked about that, and then the next Dresden Files book, Changes, comes out next...April? Anyway...he's going to follow up that novel with a collection of Dresden Short Stories, which I'm excited about as well.

Do I have anything else to talk about? OH YEAH! My grandparents on my mom's side are in town and I get to see them tonight for supper! I saw them yesterday, which was AWESOME, but I'm still stoked to see them again. This is the first time that they've visited since my wedding nearly two years ago!

Speaking of anniversaries, I need to figure out what to get my wife without breaking the bank... hmm... and she keeps bugging me (and rightfully so) to tell her what I want... I should go figure something out.

Alright, enjoy that update, it's the last one you'll get until I get behind the computer for another one :D (Remember: Dragon Age comes out this week, so I'll be rather occupied, but I'll try to post another update on Wednesday or Friday, or both.)

2 comments:

  1. edit, edit, edit, read-through ... no video games until the book is ready to send out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I guess I'll just HAVE to do my school work and actually clean the house for the first time in weeks...keeping you busy might not be such a bad thing after all! ;-)

    Dibs on the Codex Alera book when it comes out! You've got work to do after all....hehehehehe!

    ReplyDelete