Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2 Years

I didn't post anything yesterday because, aside from several errands that I had to run, I spent the day with my wonderful wife, celebrating our second anniversary. Two years yesterday, I married the woman of my dreams, and I am so grateful for the time we've spent together so far, and I REALLY look forward to the years to come.

In sadder news, less than two hours ago, my grandfather, Harold Thomas Hash, died of thyroid cancer. We found out about it almost a year ago, and by the time the doctors caught it, he was too far gone to send it into remission. So the last eight months were spent fulfilling his bucket list (including a trip to Normandy), and those of us who are left behind were preparing ourselves for the loss.

I don't think it's really sunk in for me yet, but at the same time, I don't know how depressed I could get. Anyway, that's why I didn't post yesterday, and why my post today is rather short.

No comments:

Post a Comment