Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday at last

FYI, I made some brief edits to the Synopsis (link above). If you've read it, then nothing really changed. It's mostly punctuation stuff.

Now, this is the synopsis that I've been sending out as part of my query letter, but today I started re-writing the in-depth synopsis for agents to read. This one actually spoils the ending of the book, so I won't share it here. It's hard to do, though. I know I'll be able to get everything into the synopsis that needs to be there, and I'm sure I'll be able to do it in a timely manner, it's just a real pain to try to pick the best parts of the story since I like so many different/important pieces of the plot!

I can tell you for sure that I'm looking forward to having representation. Or, at the very least, I'd like to be on auto-pilot with the submission process so that I can sit down and write again.

Any agents out there willing to read my entire book? Just tell me what you think. Beta readers seem to be ignoring my requests for help, so I could use an impartial beta reader to tell me if I missed anything in the editing. I'm sure I'm done, thanks to the last round of edits from my helpful, impartial betas, but a new round wouldn't hurt...especially if it leads to publication!

Alright, I'm done rambling. I'll see you all on Monday. I may continue this daily thing for a while, but no promises :)

3 comments:

  1. re: synopsis ... I'm happy to have had a small contribution to the editing process ... & I love it when I'm right! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M HOOKED!!! Can't wait to read it when it is published. Mommy K

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete