Thursday, February 11, 2010

A midweek post...'cause it needs to be said

It always hurts to see friends suffer. One of my best friends, the man who helped me develop Flatiron City, is now suffering the same loss my wife, my friend Jeremy, and I have all suffered in the last year and a half: the loss of a grandparent. My heart breaks for him because I know how much it hurts, and I see that soon it's going to happen to some of my other friends.

You see, most of my friends, like me, are all in their mid to late twenties, and as a result, those grandparents who are still alive are at that age when they could leave us at pretty much any time. I'm not looking forward to that part of the next decade. You know, when our elders take their wisdom and leave us behind.

If you still have grandparents who are alive, please take the time to just talk with them, learn from their experience. After all, they've been there, and there is a lot we can learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment