Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Ideas

I had a new idea the other day, and I think it could do pretty well as a YA, middle grade, or even adult mystery, depending on how I decided to write it. If I went the right direction with it, I could turn it into a show on Showtime, the CW, or ABC Family/Disney Channel. I don't believe it would make me rich, but it could get my name out there, and I'm pretty sure that it would be VERY marketable. What is that idea, you ask? No spoilers. I'm still trying to decide if I'm willing to write the thing.

It's not that I hate the idea, but the type of idea I had would almost be my way of selling out. I wouldn't be ashamed of the books, but if I released them as they sit in my brain because I would feel like I was pandering and peddling drivel. That doesn't mean that I couldn't change the books and make them something to be proud of...but this is the third book idea floating in my head, and I really want to work with the other two, first. On the other hand, this is one of the most "marketable" ideas I can think of at the moment.

It is a pretty cool idea, though...

That's my little thought for the day. It's still early enough that my brain's not working as well as it could.

On another note, changes will be coming to the blog in the next week or so...and additions!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll hear a lot of "ideas are the easy part." I respect any finished product, even Twilight, because finishing a novel is no easy task. Even if your idea could be viewed as "selling out," it still took a lot of work to complete, so I say go for it if you really want to.

    ReplyDelete