Monday, March 08, 2010

Monday Delay

I know Monday is usually my "big" topic discussion, but I'm moving that to tomorrow. Today I'm starting over with the synopsis. I got some great feedback over the weekend, and I found a sight that's walking me through the process, so I'm starting over and taking it one step at a time. Finally, I'm able to relax and enjoy this part of the experience!

One thing that's struck me over the last year is that, when I finally understand what I'm doing and I can see how I can do it, even the most aggravating and difficult task becomes, at the very least, satisfying. I know I'm making progress, and I'm PROUD of my accomplishments. I mean, I'm learning. It may be a while before I get published, but I'm closer now than I was two years ago when I sat down to write this book.

Oh, and hopefully the next book will take less than a year to put together. Now that I understand what it takes :)

Now I have to get back to work. Thanks for the patience with our "topic of the week".

2 comments:

  1. I'm pleased that you are not only enjoying the work, but the process as well. Hard work is gratifying & seeing results ~ even in small increments ~ can be like the proverbial door opening, sun streaming thru & choral "ahhhh, Ahhhhh, AHHHHH" as the hero (that's you) sees "the light".

    Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting way of putting it. Never would have thought of it that way, but I guess it works :)

    ReplyDelete