Thursday, March 04, 2010

No, I'm not happy with it...yet!

Finally finished that synopsis...sort of. I got the entire plot on paper, but I'm not happy with how it turned out. I just don't like the way it sounds. But since the synopsis is supposed to prove that I can create a solid plot, rather than solid prose (or so I've read), I have it up on a forum for some folks to give me feedback. That means I'm going to get help on how to improve it :)

On another note, I'm tired. Sleepy. My brain isn't working right now. I know I need to get up earlier, but it's so HAARRRD. I'm certain (from experience) that if I get up at 5, when I'm supposed to, I'd actually wake up with enough time to make some real progress with my writing. So I'm going to try to get up at five so that I can kill a scene from my novel that feels more corny than anything else.

Oh, and it also fits in with my need to make sure this book stands alone...without needing any sequels.

1 comment:

  1. I agree ... it IS hard to get up early! I've been waking up about 6 AM & *should* get up to exercise ... but the bed is so warm & Cali is so snuggly ...

    ReplyDelete