Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A comment on comments

I just want to say that I read all of your comments (one of the reasons I moderate them is so that I HAVE to read them), and I'm sorry I don't respond to them very often. Unfortunately, my job takes up most of my attention, and finding the time to even read them can be a challenge. When I get home, I also have lots of stuff to take care of around the house, and them I'm exhausted.

So it's not that I don't care, or that I don't have any responses that create a meaningful dialogue with you all, it's that I just don't have enough time.

Please continue to comment, though! I really like reading what you all think about what I have to say. :D

5 comments:

  1. I always comment on people's comments on my blog but I don't think the original commentors ever come back to see my replies.

    If it happens at all it's rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine when I have more readers they'll be more likely to come back and see if I've commented on their comments. I like the discussions I've had in the comments, and I want those to get deeper. But without the time, there's not much I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You generally aren't safe from what I think whether or not I leave a comment. :-) Sorry. That's just the way it is with your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of the times I know when I leave a comment whether it should demand some kind of response. If so, I usually check back on the blog post a few days later. Most of the time I'm just giving a verbal thumbs-up, so it's no big deal if a "dialog" isn't created. I apply the same concept to my own blog ... if someone said something I particularly agree/disagree with, I will respond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Todd, that's pretty true for me, too. Like when I wrote about swearing.

    ReplyDelete