Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Middle of the Week

Yesterday was VERY productive. I got the full outline for my next book completely written, and I started writing the first chapter!

I have to say, I'm really excited about this book. The last one I mulled over ideas for several weeks, and then spent several more months just outlining. After that, I spent a year and a half writing it. While I'm pleased with how it's turning out, I don't want to do that again (it didn't help that I was in school, had a full time job, and only worked on it an hour a day...when I bothered to sit down and write at all). I know I'll be able to move through this book in a timely manner. And I really want to read this book, almost more than I want to write it! (Not that I didn't want to with the last one, I just had to play with it a lot before I finally liked it.)

Today I worked a show for my day job, which is awesome because it means I'm still earning a living of sorts. As a result, though, I haven't gotten much done today. I'm putting up this post, and then I'll sit down to my book and write away.

Oh, and I'm happy to report that queries are going out again :) I'm looking forward to some full manuscript requests. After the changes I've made, it should happen (fingers crossed).

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Giles. I've been e-wandering, and, well... found you. So, hello.

    I wanted to stop in and ask if you've read Catherine Fisher's 'Incarceron'? Because there is a Giles in that book. And, er, you're a Giles. (Killer conversation starter, eh?)

    Anyway, I like the blog. I'll come in and visit sometimes. And best of luck with your queries. I've been doing the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete