Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My second day in exile

Yesterday was one of the most productive days I've had in a long time...as far as my writing goes. In fact, everything I planned on finishing this week is now done! I even got a query letter out late in the afternoon.

Today I'm going to sit down and start on my next book. It's kind of an urban fantasy, and I have some great ideas for it. I just need to make sure I'm not copying anyone's stories or ideas :)

I'm really looking forward to this book. Not because I'm tired of the other one, but because I like writing new stories! I'd definitely prefer to write the sequel to Defender of the Crown, but I don't want to spend any time on THAT project until Defender is actually under contract. With as little success as I've had so far, I don't want two books lying around that publishers aren't interested in at the moment.

So, that's my plan for the rest of this week. Although tomorrow and Thursday I have to go to the day job for a few hours.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you run out of stuff to write or need time to think about it, go over to our house & clean or mow the lawn or wash the windows or ... :-D

    thankful you are full of ideas, focus & purpose!

    ReplyDelete