Thursday, April 22, 2010

PROGRESS!

Ha ha HA!! In five hours (spread out over five days and filled with distractions) I completed the first draft of Chapter 1 of my new book! Is it done? Probably not, but I can edit it later. 2000 words that say pretty much exactly what I planned out in my outline is impressive for me...last time it took me a month to do that!

So, yeah, I'm excited. Today I start Chapter 2, and then I have to get to the day job around 12:30.

Since Monday, I somehow managed to stumble into a real writer's community. It's one thing for me to check out the forums now and then and hope to find a discussion where I have something of value to say, but for the most part, I find it easier to network on twitter and blogger. I actually have more twitter followers who are writers than I do spam accounts (I think). And I want to plug each and every one of them without doing an obnoxious "follow Friday" string of tweets. So, I'm thinking of putting together a column of recommended reading on the web.

On that note, if you know someone who needs or deserves a bit of a shout-out, let me know and I'll check them out :) I'm not exactly a someone of note, and I don't have any connections, but I can see that people read my blog. And I think there are blogs that you should check out, too! (A great place to start is the "followers" gadget on the sidebar. Click on one of the faces and read their blog.)

Have a great day. I'm off to query an agent, and then I get to work on my WiP!

1 comment: