Friday, May 28, 2010

Second draft down!

I just finished my second draft! You know what that means? I need beta readers. I'll take any volunteers. This book is an urban fantasy about a 16 y/o dragon slayer in Denver, CO. I moderate my comments, so if you're interested, put your e-mail in a comment and I'll just delete it after I get the address.

In other news, I'm reading through Changeless by Gail Carriger right now, and as soon as I finish it, I'll post a review up on the site. I really enjoyed the last review, and this book is so good, I want to try to convince you all to read it!

Now that I'm done with my second draft, I'm going to hop back into Todd's WiP so that he'll have a huge batch of helpful notes to work with when he gets back from his vacation.

And next week I'll send out a wave of queries for Defender of the Crown. I'm going to branch out (finally) and send snail-mail queries to agents who don't accept e-mail queries. The biggest reason I never sent out paper queries before is that I never really had the time to get them to the post office, but now that I'm only working part time, I have no excuses :)

Anyhoo...happy Friday! Have a great memorial-day weekend. Oh, and thank a veteran for their sacrifice!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'd like to beta read if you still are looking for people. No commentary, I promise *crosses figers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I'm looking for commentary. That way I know how to make the book better. It's also how I catch problems I might have missed. (Two sets of eyes are better than one.)

    ReplyDelete