Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How to write a book:

On the forums, one of the most common pieces of advice you can find is how to write a book, and why your method is wrong (again, I won't say which ones because many of the people on the forums are nice, it's just the people who stand out that I'm mocking right now). Guess what... they're all wrong! If their method doesn't work for you, it doesn't mean you'll fail, it only means you need to find your method.

I've written posts about how I write, and many, MANY writers have written articles on how to write, so if you're new, or you're looking for another way to approach this craft, just do a Google search. My best advice, though: don't listen to any failed "authors". And by that I mean people who are bitter that their only publishing credits are self-published titles that sold less than half of the print run.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that whatever method works for you is the one you should go for. Books are helpful, forums are helpfull too, but in the end you have to find what fits you best.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete