Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I know, it's not how it's supposed to be done.

I'm thinking of starting my query for my WiP. No, the book isn't finished, yet, but hear me out. I REFUSE to send out the query before this book is complete. And so should you. However, as I come to the end of Todd's WiP, I find myself with a lot of free time. I'm still waiting for beta readers to get back to me. I don't want to do edits until I get their perspective on my book. So, since writing query letters takes me so long, I figured I'd get a jump start on it.

I know I'll fight the process from beginning to end (not because I don't want to, but because I'm just not good at it), so this will just keep me on a tighter schedule and allow me to send the book out with a high-quality query letter at a decent time. It will also give me the chance to reexamine the overall plot of the book, give me some perspective on the plot, and I'll have a better idea of how to move forward with my edits. I think it will be the most productive thing I can do with my time while I wait for those readers to get back to me.

Especially since I'm still not ready to write Flatiron City.

No comments:

Post a Comment