Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Nervous Twitching

Okay, not quite nervous twitching, but I'm getting a little...um...what's the word? Concerned, I guess, that my WiP might not be long enough. It's just under 40k right now, and by the end of the day it'll jump over that mark, but I want to break 50k, at least. If I add anymore plot, though, the story is just going to wander in circles and get boringly long.

I know I'll get something figured out, and when I hear back from all of my beta readers (still waiting on two. One's on vacation, the other one probably has more important things to do at the moment) I'll have a better idea of what needs to be added to the story.

Now that I slept in, got a blog post up, and read some other blogs, it's time to hit my book! More critiquing for Todd today, but that will come later.

2 comments:

  1. Giles ... I saw your World Cup comment on my blog. I was going to invite you to my ESPN bracket challenge with several other bloggers but your email is not on your profile.

    Send me an email if you want to take part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard when your word count doesn't match your goals. What are the word counts in the genre you're writing in? If the plot is fully formed, do you need to flesh out your world more with description and stuff?
    Just wondering!

    ReplyDelete