Tuesday, June 08, 2010

What happened to my brain?

I started this week unsure of what my work schedule would look like. As a result, I've had difficulty focusing on my writing the last couple of days. Part of me expects to get called in to work, and the other part is desperately trying to get as much writing done as possible. I KNOW I'm working all day Friday, and that includes an over-night drive to South Dakota to make a delivery. But there's the possibility that I'll get pulled in to help out around the shop on Wednesday and/or Thursday. I just don't know if/when that will happen.

To top it off, my wife is on summer vacation. Since her work schedule makes it hard for us to spend time together during the school year, I want to spend all of my time with her now. But I also want to get my WiP finished by the end of June or the middle of July.

I'm writing this blog with the hope that my brain will mellow out after I've spilled my thoughts. But I have so much to do, and I REALLY want to move forward with this book, especially since I'm almost done with this draft! Oh how I long for simpler days...but then again, simpler days never gave me the opportunity to write as much as I've been able to recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment