Friday, July 09, 2010

Deadline is met!

I did it! I made it to the end of this revision by my deadline. Not to toot my own horn, but I really like this book. I've gotten some great feedback on it, too, so I think this might be one of the better projects I've worked on.

I'm excited to do my final read-through and polish round of edits... a process that should only take a week if I knuckle down. As soon as I finish that, it's on to writing a synopsis and a query letter!

At some point, I'll make sure I put an excerpt up on this blog (beneath the Defender of the Crown excerpt to the right).

Now, since it's early in the morning, I'm going to finish my breakfast and get ready for work. That's right, I get to work again today!

...not quite sure how I feel about that, but I AM grateful for the income :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Giles! I know it's a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "... not 'quite' sure ..." (I can't help it, it's the editor in me ... and, yes, I'm on meds for it.)

    Reaching a goal, regardless of size, is worthy of celebration! Your excitement about what has been accomplished as well as your anticipation of what is ahead are clearly heard. It is delightful to hear your voice and know you are accomplishing much more than your "to do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Income is always a good thing. :)
    Congrats on making your goal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You're my hero. :)

    ReplyDelete