Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The big day

Karate Kid part II is on in the background today. Such a great movie...way better than part III...and don't get me started on the joke-of-a-movie with Hillary Swank.

Today is the day: the day that I send out my new query letter to that first agent. Yesterday I said I'm nervous. The reason I'm nervous is because I'm not sending this letter out to some random agent that I expect and/or hope to get a rejection from. I'm sending it to one of the agents at the top of my list. However, even with all of the great feedback I've received, I'm not an expert in writing queries. Since I have yet to succeed, this is still a venture into the unknown for me.

I don't know how it's going to turn out, and that winds me up pretty tight. But this is how I feel pretty much any time I take a risk. On the other hand, when I asked my wife to marry me, it turned out well! :D

2 comments:

  1. sooooo glad it did! pray this one will too!

    ReplyDelete