Monday, August 16, 2010

One of THOSE days...

I have a lot going on today, and I'm not even at my day-job. There's a great deal of things to do around the apartment, things that COULD wait, but probably won't simply because I don't know what to do next in my writing.

I still have to fix my synopsis, but based on feedback I've received, it looks like my query letter is complete. I'm no fool, though, so I'm sitting on it for a while, and I'll come back to it to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that it's ready to go. I also sent it to Query Shark for review, and I'm REALLY hoping she reviews it.

Last night, I saw Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, and I think that was one of the best movies I've seen all year. It's funny, entertaining, and I got most of the jokes/culture references. I highly recommend you see it.

Also, if you're newish to this whole writing thing, and even if you're not, go check out Todd's blog for his first of (hopefully) many "Pitfalls of Writing" posts.

So, I'm off to start cleaning my kitchen. I'll probably sit down to look over my synopsis a bit later, and then it's off to game night with the guys. Tomorrow I'll put together a real excerpt from my newest book.

2 comments:

  1. That is a movie I actually want to see. Good luck with the query. I hate writing them. I also don't like working on the synopsis either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the movie really made me laugh. My wife liked it, too.

    And right now I'm just trying to get up the nerve to work on the synopsis :)

    ReplyDelete