Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Smile

I just had a very long, frustrating afternoon. It didn't ruin my day, and I got through it by being friendly to the people who were making it difficult. As a result, I made it through with very little difficulty. I just took a very long time.

With that in mind, as an aspiring author, I always strive to treat other writers, agents, and editors well. I may not make their day better, but I refuse to be the person who could make it worse.

So go smile at someone today. Be friendly. You may find that it will keep your day from getting bad :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a perfectly timed blog for me! I had a very long day of dealing with very frustrating life things (Social Security, Car Insurance, etc) and while I was braced for it to be an absolutely frustrating day , I found so many people who were very friendly and managed to really make my day tolerable.

    I'm doing my best to smile! Good luck with yours :)

    ReplyDelete