Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Two down, many to go...

And that applies to my query AND my book. Today I begin another WiP. This one, while modern fantasy, will be more on the paranormal side than THE WYRM FIEND is. Chris Drake is definitely a true hero, but my new protagonist isn't going to be as strong. I'm thinking of following the classic film noir style while modernizing/personalizing it to my story. It's going to be gritty, but witty. At least that's my plan.

I'm really looking forward to this, too. It shows that when I finish one book, I can jump in and start again. This, I know, will be helpful when an agent starts pitching me to publishers. It shows that I have follow-through, and that I can produce a product.

As for querying, I'm going to take it slowly. At least for a little while. I sent out one yesterday, and I sent out another one just a few minutes ago. I want to see what kind of reaction I get before I send them out en mass, so one a day will work for now.

Now, I have work to do. Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a smart plan with the queries. Don't do query vomit. I did that. Mistake!

    And hooray for new WIPs. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete