Friday, August 20, 2010

Work!

The other day, I got a call to go into work. So I get to drive ALL around the Denver Metro area today, beginning with a trip to Red Rocks! For those of you not in the know, Red Rocks is quite a famous amphitheater in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. It's a great place to see a show, and really easy to drive in and park... if you're in a car. I won't be. I get to drive a box truck in there which, while it's something I CAN do, is something that makes me nervous.

You see, while driving on narrow roads in the city (like down-town) the worst thing that can happen if I don't line the truck up is maybe hitting a wall with my mirrors. In the mountains, if I don't get the truck JUST right, I can roll over the edge of a cliff.

It's not THAT dangerous, partly because I know what I'm doing, and partly because the roads have plenty of room up at Red Rocks, but it still makes me pretty nervous. I mean, I'm a writer, for crying out loud. Not a truck driver. But I'm also a truck driver, so watch out!

Happy Friday, have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Giles that sounds a little crazy, but exciting too! Enjoy.

    Today's guest blogger is Renae Mercado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, come on ... you know how to drive truck ... at least it's not the *big* truck like Daddy & I drive!

    ReplyDelete