Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Community

I'm preparing some work for a project that Dave Ursillo is putting together. I intend on submitting at least one piece to his project, and I only have a month to do it. The deadline is October 20th. That's totally doable, and I'm excited to get involved! The only thing that bums me out is that I can't give him a good photo for my bio (which will really only matter if my work is accepted).

When I got the e-mail from him this morning with all of the details, I almost freaked out at the deadline, but then I realized that all of my major school projects (which had to be a minimum of four times longer) were all due in the same amount of time, if not less. And since I don't have any classes anymore, this shouldn't be a problem. Once I have this project done, I'll jump into the contest I'm going to run.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the brainstorming that I get to do, especially because it gives me the opportunity to evaluate myself and the people who surround me to find inspiring stories about my community. I'm not sure what I'm going to write about yet, but I want to tie it into my previous posts about creating a solid group of friends who you can trust and who can trust you. I'd love to tell you more, but I'm running low on inspiration at the moment. I need to continue to exercise my brain, and I have a few chores to do, so enjoy your Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment