Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mini-review: Gail Carriger's Soulless - Audio Book

For those of you who are interested, I've already reviewed the book Soulless. This particular review is for the book on CD.

Alright, I loved this book when I read it, and as soon as Ms. Carriger announced that publishers were doing an audio-book, I desperately hoped that they would get a good reader who would do the characters justice. They succeeded!

The wonderful Emily Gray lent her voice to the narration so well that listening to the story felt very much like experiencing the entire event for the very first time. She gave each character unique voices and vocal mannerisms that ensured each person stood out from each other AS WELL AS the narration itself. If you haven't read this book yet, I encourage you to go pick it up. If you don't have the time to read it, get a copy of the audio book and listen to it in your car or while you're out jogging. I even submitted track titles to the CDDB if you want to load the CDs onto your iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment