Monday, September 13, 2010

Writing Exercise

Today I'm re-writing my query letter again. Well, I'm re-writing one of the paragraphs. The first one, as a matter of fact. I think it conveys all of the right information in a rather straightforward and concise manner, but not in a unique manner. Besides, I got three rejections out of this version and one unanswered (as of yet). I read an article a couple of weeks ago that insists that a properly written query letter would get 75% full requests. Since I'm not even close to that percentage, I've decided to make some small changes.

In other news, I picked up the Dresden Files RPG books on Friday, thanks to a friend of mine who works at a game store. They're a blast to read through, and I know that my friends and I are going to enjoy playing this system and this setting. Since I'm writing a mystery now, this will really help me develop the tools I need to write an engaging plot. Needless to say, I'm excited!

1 comment:

  1. Read this & thought of you ... & me ... & others who write ...

    "People who read your ideas tend to think that your writings reflect your life."
    — Henri J.M. Nouwen

    ReplyDelete