Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I broke, but I'm better now.

So for those of you reading this blog over the last two weeks, you've probably noticed that my confidence and energy to write have been waning. Well, yesterday I finally hit my first real breakdown since I started writing thirteen years ago. It was a pretty bad breakdown, but I immediately jumped onto the forums, asked for advice, ranted a bit, and the GREAT folks at Nathan Bransford's site gave me some great advice.

The result? I have a plan of action for fixing my query letter, and it involves very little work. I won't spoil it for any of you (I'm going to tell you about it when it's finished), but it's going to drastically change some of the things I'm already written. And I only have to change a few paragraphs here and there.

So, as I've said before, make sure you stay in touch with other writers. It's almost guaranteed that you will need their support at some point in the future. We know what you're going through, and many of us want to help.

Thank you, again, to the AWESOME folks at Nathan Bransford's message board!

No comments:

Post a Comment