Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Why you should write!

It's amazing how much I can accomplish when I just sit down and write.

Yesterday I got out of work early, so I decided to sit down and write some more. I only got 200 words written that morning, so I figured that would be a good goal for the afternoon as well. After-all, I didn't know how much time I would have to work on my project, and I couldn't assume that I wouldn't hit a few writer's blocks. I achieved over 800 words! And I had fun writing them. There's a good chance that I'll edit out a lot of what I wrote, but I made real, creative progress.

Just more proof that when a writer takes time to sit down and write, they can accomplish something! Keeping active helps, too. You know, because the brain is a muscle that grows stronger when used.

1 comment:

  1. Last semester, I sat down at a Starbucks during lunch and pounded out a 7 page paper in under an hour. I love when that happens! It's amazing what a little focus and lack of distraction can do for a writer!

    ReplyDelete