Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Interlude

I really didn't expect to get much work done yesterday, what with getting my teeth pulled and everything. However, I did get a great deal accomplished. Sure, it's not as much as I would have done if I could focus, if my brain worked, and if I didn't feel tired all the time. But on the bright side, I haven't needed to take any pain medication (aside from over-the-counter ibuprofen) since Monday.

The down side? I'm well enough to work. Which means that, despite a night of borderline insomnia, I get to drive the box truck around town today. I'm not worried, I just want to sleep all day. Oh blessed sleep, how I miss thee. I also miss solid food like bacon, cheese, muffins, burritos, chicken and dumplings...you know, chewy stuff that gets stuck in your teeth! Salty, crumbly, flavorful foods that don't turn into liquid as soon as you put them in your mouth. (That's right, I'm already sick of jello, ice cream, and V8 juice.) I'm so desperate for meat that I'm heating up chicken broth to sip on for my "lunch".

There's even a stray thought in my head that's insisting I go get coffee on my way to work. Oh for calories! I miss food.

On Friday, I shall speak of writing once more. Hopefully.


If I haven't wasted away.

No comments:

Post a Comment