Monday, November 29, 2010

Re-writes

A couple of months ago, I started some minor re-writes in my book. Without any nibbles on the query, I decided to change the story itself so that I could change the elevator pitch. Because of schedule changes, surgery, and a sudden lack of motivation, it took me longer than I'd like.

However, I finished the re-writes today. The changes I made are small, but the overall effect to the story is drastic. It shifts the focus of the plot ever so slightly, but it creates so much more conflict that I wonder now why I didn't write it this way in the first place.

I have to go back and proofread my changes, but that won't take me more than two or three days, especially since this is going to be a slow week at work. By the end of this week or next, I should be able to start writing a new query.

See! This is why you stick with your writing, now matter how much you want to give up :D Results are inevitable if you just keep working.

No comments:

Post a Comment