Monday, November 08, 2010

Someone tame my dragon

I have a dragon living in my home. His name is Edmund. He doesn't cause too much havoc. Most of the time he just lays around and sleeps. He's small enough to take up a corner of the couch, and he even curls up in my lap. Edmund is a adorable, and I'm pretty sure I could sue Dreamworks for basing their dragon, Toothless, off of him.

Sure, Toothless is just a cartoon, but he behaves exactly like Edmund. Edmund is mischievous, playful, and sometimes he gets protective of the people he cares for. Unlike Toothless, though, Edmund usually sleeps.

It's when he tears around the apartment that he resembles a dragon the most. I can hear his soft "roar" from atop the bedroom door, pleading for me to help him back down. I look at him and say, "You climbed up there, silly. Why should I get you down?"

He only looks and me and replies, "Meeooowww!" (Yes, my dragon is a cat.) And then I gently lift him off of the door.

Hopefully, as I try to recover from my upcoming wisdom-teeth-removal, my dragon will be a comfort, not a pest.

No comments:

Post a Comment