Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Man's best friend?

Let me be frank. I never wanted to own a cat. Sure, I used to hate cats (when I was really little), and then I became indifferent. Now that I'm married, though, and I adopted my wife's cat, I actually like the little critter. I don't know if I ever want another one, but Edmund is actually fun to have around... about 90-95% of the time.

He's funny, he attacks my arm, and he meows at me to turn on the faucet so he can have water to drink. After all, the bowl of still, flat water that we leave out to him is just to gauche for his refined feline tastes.

I find myself talking to him at times, just to make the silence in my apartment go away. When I'm writing, and he's sleeping in my room, there are times when I'll drag him out onto the couch so he'll sit on my lap while I type. As long as he doesn't sit on my keyboard or bite me, I like having him around.

Sure, he's not a dog, but he can take care of himself (as long as there's food and running water around).

Pets are nice to have.

1 comment:

  1. As you know I certainly was not a cat person. I very much like Edmond (he was probably my favorite cat for a long time). But when we adopted our Polgara she pretty much won my heart over and made me want to own cats forever. She's pretty awesome, but I may be biased.

    Also, she's almost a mirror image of Edmund, only a girl!

    ReplyDelete