Friday, January 28, 2011

(no subject)

It's so great to be writing again! This week I wrote a short story. Okay, I started it last Thursday, but I finished the first draft today! Obviously there's a lot of editing to do, but I put together a 7k word short, and I'm actually pretty happy with it, especially because I feel like I'm better at writing full-length novels.

I intentionally challenged myself with this, though, because I needed to do something other than writing another book. And I'm going to post it here. I'm not going to shop it around, I just want to have a unique piece of my work that I get to share with all of you.

There's going to be a lot more involved than just sharing the story, though. I have some plans for the release of this thing, but I don't want to share those details with you until we get closer to the "publication" of the story.

As soon as I get done with this story, I'm going to start a new novel. If this story is received well, I'll use the setting and characters for that book. I'm still shopping WYRM FIEND, but I need to keep writing.

Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to it. Make sure to let me know when you put it up... blogger doesn't show me when you have something new up.

    ReplyDelete