Monday, February 14, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Today I got three queries out. That's actually not as much work as it sounds. I've been doing research on these agents off and on for a couple weeks, now, so I simply took the time to query them. Fingers crossed for a request!

I'm going to take a week off from editing. In part because I haven't heard back from the people who are beta-reading the short story for me, but also because I need to let it simmer in the background of my mind before I tackle it again.

So instead, I'm going to try to put together the outline for another novel. I still haven't decided what that will look like, though. It's a tough decision, and I'm not sure which move to make. I know I have options at this point in my "career," I just don't have the time to work on both at once. Otherwise I'd do that.

We'll see. I'll keep you updated as my mind makes itself up.

Fortunately, I may get a full week of work, so there's a possibility that I'll only have enough time to focus on the projects I've already written. This is great because my bills are getting paid! I shall strive to move forward, though, and I eagerly await the work ahead of me.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, it's a good thing to take a break from one MS.

    Enjoy your week and my fingers are crossed for your queries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the forward thinking/looking perspective. "Fingers crossed"? Really? Just sayin' ...

    love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for bills getting paid!
    I'm trying to take a break too, waiting for betas and CPs.

    Cheers to letting it simmer.

    ReplyDelete