Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Charity of the Month: Feed the Children

Every month, on the first blog-day (Monday, Wednesday, or Friday) I am going to introduce you, my readers, to a charity. I believe very strongly in charitable giving, and I want to share that passion with all of you. I'm committing to giving to each charity that I present to you, and I ask that those of you who read this please consider doing the same. If, for some reason, you don't like the charity that I select, feel free to pick one of your own. But I believe that the more people give back to their community, the better off our world will be.

Feed the Children is one such organization. I first heard about them two years ago just before Thanksgiving. I was listening to the radio, and the network that syndicates the show I was listening to held a month-long campaign to raise money for Thanksgiving dinners for families in need. I don't remember how much money they raised, but I do remember their passion for what they do. And as a result of their efforts, hundreds of families were able to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal.

Even though Feed the Children sends food to kids around the world, they are focused on giving food to kids in YOUR community. They call it Americans Feeding Americans (I don't think that's the name of their program, they just use that as the tag line for their fund-raising). As an American who has struggled to get by, I appreciate groups like this one who provide food for the people in their neighborhood.

Again, I encourage you to give to these folks. People are suffering, and Feed the Children is providing relief to families that may otherwise starve. You can read more about Feed the Children here. If you want to donate (even as little as $10), please click here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for putting your money where your mouth is!

    ReplyDelete