Friday, March 04, 2011

A Friday Update with Substance

I just checked my list this morning, and I realized I have several unanswered queries. That means I'm going to wait a little bit before I sent out more letters. I just want to get a feel for my responses to see if I need to perform another re-write.

In the meantime, I'm writing another book! I started the outline on Wednesday, and I hope to have an edited, second draft by the beginning of June. I decided not to go with the steampunk idea because with the Flatiron City setting, characters and setting are already created. This way all I need to do is outline the vague story idea I have, and then move forward with writing.

I like where the story is going so far, I just need to figure out what my main character is truly afraid of. And I need to try to reign in any political undertones. And by reign in, I mean I need to make sure that it doesn't get waaaayyyy out of control. I don't have a problem putting politics in my books (though that's not my goal, it just happens sometimes), I just want to make sure that it's done in a way that doesn't insult/alienate half of my potential audience. Even if they will disagree with what some of my characters believe.

That's about all I have for today. I need to get to my outline. I want it finished by Tuesday.

Please check out the Charity of the Month. Please donate and provide food for children in need.

1 comment:

  1. A decent way to balance out politics is to have well rounded opposing views explained or supported by another at some point (without making them look stupid). Even if they are not as prevalent then, at least they're there, and it's not so one sided.

    ReplyDelete