Friday, March 25, 2011

(No Subject)

So here's a tip for those of you out house-hunting. Find a way to get twice the amount of cash for any house you might want, look at the listings of homes online, and then go build a place on vacant land. No mortgages, no interruptions of your schedule, just the perfect home built the way you want it.

House hunting IS fun, don't get me wrong. And it helps to work with an agent who's friendly and hardworking. But it consumes so much time. I only managed to get 1.5k written this week, and I don't know how much I'll be able to do today or tomorrow (though I'm hoping for at least another 1.5k). I know it'll be worth it in the end because we won't be renting anymore. And if we get the right place, we'll have enough extra income that we'll be able to pay down Emily's school debts and start putting together a retirement account.

Anyhoo, life's great, looking for homes is fun, though time-consuming and kinda stressful because of thoughts like, "Am I going to like the place I look at, will it be within range of my budget, is it in a good neighborhood, oh yeah, I have to get back to work," and so on.

But on that note, I want to remind everyone that, even in this country, we have little children who are starving every day. This month I've talked about Feed the Children quite a bit, and I don't know if any of you have been able to donate to them, but if you have even $10 to spare, go donate now. Ten dollars isn't much, but that could make all the difference to a little boy or girl who doesn't know where their next meal is coming from. They also have a Japan relief fund if you're looking for a place to give to the victims of that earthquake.

Next week is the last I'll mention Feed the Children, at least for a little while. I'll give you some links and more information, and then on Friday, we'll have a new Charity of the Month. If you have a charity that you'd like me to talk about, let me know. I'm always looking for places that do great things for their communities and the world at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment