Friday, April 01, 2011

Charity of the Month: Fisher House

It's the first of the month which means I get to introduce a new charity. I don't know how much I've talked about it before, but I have three friends in the United States Army, another friend in the Navy, and my sister-in-law will be joining the Navy in August. Both of my grandparents served in the armed forces, one in the Air Force, the other in the Army, and several times I have personally considered signing up to protect and serve the country I love (though that never happened, and now I'm too committed to my wife).

I believe it's important to take care of those men and women who have suffered as a result of their service to our country, and that's why Fisher House is April's Charity of the Month. Fisher House provides comfortable lodging for wounded vets who can't stay at their homes when they must receive medical and/or psychological treatment through the VA or out of town hospitals.

I urge you to go to their site and learn about the services they provide to wounded vets, and the please donate so that those services will continue to be available for the men and women who put their lives on the line to protect our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment