Monday, April 11, 2011

A return to the past

So as I mentioned in my last post, I'm revising and re-editing my first novel. It's actually turning out to be quite fun. I'm finding a lot of mistakes, both in style and grammar. I realize now how much I've learned in the last year and a half since I stopped working on this project to focus on Wyrm Fiend. And it's great.

I fell in love with the story and characters again, too. I really do enjoy this book, and I believe that if I put some work into it (and manage to get out of bed on time), I'll be able to turn this project into something that will be worth pitching to agents again.

I stepped away from the WiP because I'm not sure what I want to do with that. I think I'll leave that as a pet project, maybe turn it into my hobby story that I may publish in the future. For now, I want to continue to focus on YA books. I have such a passion for that age group, much like my wife, and I want to write books that they'll enjoy.

My head's a bit disjointed right now, and I need to get ready for work. So I'll talk about this more on Wednesday when I have a better idea of what I'm doing with the book. And I need the energy to better articulate my reasons for returning to this book instead of starting a new one.

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you feel. I look forward to going back to my first story. I love the story, the writing wasn't up to par. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete